Rhodes Auto Sales was established by the Rhodes family and is funded by the dealership. The program awards one $1,000 scholarship to an outstanding student of one of our customers. The student must be a customer, child of a customer or grandchild. Proof of relationship is required.
Criteria and Guidelines
1. Each applicant must be entering or currently enrolled in an accredited college. Proof of enrollment must be included with this application.
2. Each applicant must complete the application form.
3. If applicant is currently enrolled, provide college transcripts with official university imprint. A copy of high school transcripts is required for any applicants who are college freshman.
4. Provide a detailed description of participation in any academic, honorary, civic or extracurricular activities in college. A detailed description of high school activities is required from college freshmen.
5. Compose an essay of no more than two typed, double-spaced 8 1/2” x 11” pages. The essay should discuss the applicant’s current educational goals and future aspirations as it relates to the applicant’s subject/training area.
6. Provide at least two (but no more than three) letters of recommendation, no older than 6 months, from college/high school faculty, employers or other appropriate sources (not related).
7. Scholarship recipients shall be provided with $1000 in reimbursement based on receipts for any legitimate expense involving college tuition and educational materials.
8. Applicant must be in the top 25% of class
9. Applicant must not be a Rhodes employee or a relative of a Rhodes employee10. Application and supporting materials must be submitted before March 5th for summer, and before July 26th for the fall semester.